Introducing Huemul

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Fri May 25 12:13:19 UTC 2007

> > car's ClassBox. A more practical Smalltalk example is to change the
> > compiler in the running system, this needs the compiler.
> >
> Thanks for pointing out. I'll check details. I wonder if this
> concept can be used for hot-swapping VM at runtime .

If the smalltalk is persistent it certainly could be feasible. In the other
hand I find difficult to see two VM with hashes and instances assignations
in sync for a clean swap.

Cheers,

Sebastian
PS: by persistant I mean a smalltalk that has it's instances "living" in a
persistent medium and the VM uses the RAM of the computer as a mere cache.
Based on the blue book and with some theoretical guidelines from Guille here
I've was able to make a prototype of a persistent ST for business objects
(it didn't persist contexts and such)