Integrating NetStreams into the official Squeak release

Luciano Notarfrancesco lnotarfrancesco at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 19:20:45 UTC 2002

Any progress?

I use Flow everyday, and I'm tired of modifying my
projects to use Socket before publishing them. Last
weekend started working on a VNC client, and I don't
really want to spend time making it work with Socket.

I love Flow, and I already said how much I'd like to
see it integrated into the official release. But I'll
be happy if at least NetStreams make it.

Is it possible (and reasonable) to modify the
ExternalStreams and ExternalResources in order to load
 them in an image with the standard Streams? If we can
get NetStreams into the 3.3a image, the next step will
be removing Socket and refactoring FTPSocket,
HTTPSocket and SMTPSocket into FTPClient, HTTPClient,
and SMTPClient.

What do you think? If you like the idea, I offer my
spare time for anything you need to get this done.

Peace,
Luciano.-

=====
http://community.corest.com/~luciano
CCB0 B2B0 BCCB 8178 CA8B  4C08 AE9B D2F2 E9CC E897