A quick DNU question

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 18:08:48 UTC 2005

Hi Michael.  I'm glad you are running your client with ONLY the Magma-client
package loaded as this hasn't been tested in long time.

As such, you have found a mis-categorized method.  I recently changed
#getNextOid to check to see whether it has run out of oids.  In doing that, I
made it use a method that is only part of the Magma server package.

My first inclination is to move #lastUserObjectOid into the Magma client
package.  But now I am re-evaluating the wisdom of this new error check in the
first place.  There are enough oids available to last for thousands of years
under normal circumstances, so I just don't ever see it coming up, so why make
the computer do that comparison over and over and over again?

Please revert #getNextOid by removing the first three lines and leaving it to
just say:

	^ nextOid _ nextOid + 1

This should clear up your DNU.

  - Chris