Fwd: Re: Reading multiple indices on MagmaCollections - second working code

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Sun Apr 9 21:22:15 UTC 2006

Again with Monticellos...

Subject: Re: Reading multiple indices on MagmaCollections - second working
code
Date: Sunday 09 April 2006 23:21
From: Brent Pinkney <brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za>
To: Magma list <magma at lists.squeakfoundation.org>

Hi Chris,

This mail follows on from "Re: Reading multiple indices on MagmaCollections -
first working code".

I have decided to broaden the scope of this work by adding support for
 sorting the results.

r := LavaTestResource current people
		where:
			[ :each |
			(each familyName equals: 'Man') |
			((each familyName equals: 'Pinkney') & (each age to: 60)) ]
		orderBy:
			[ :each | each age ascend , each familyName descend ]

I have no idea how to implement this yet! The current code does not even pass
the 'order' clauses to the server yet.

I really think we should try to crack this problem as well - Magma's indices
provide really powerful ordering facilities.

Cheers

Brent