Concurrent Access to repository

Keith Hodges Keith.Hodges at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Aug 1 19:00:35 UTC 2006

If I set up a Squeak image to use a local Magma server on A single
repository in the local filesystem. If I accidently or on purpose open
two instances of that image. Will they both be able to concurrently
access the repository safely.

I assume not, but I thought it was worth asking.

I assume that the whole point of having a server is to be able to
marshal concurrent accesses from multiple clients, something which the
filesystem alone is not very well equipped to do.

many thanks in advance

Keith