KeyedSet

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 15:45:30 UTC 2006

Hi Keith, please be sure to checkout this page:

  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5722

and scroll to the bottom where it says "CAUTION: Unsupported".
KeyedSet is (implicitly) part of that list.

Set and Dictionary are handled "logically" to avoid spurious, false
change detection.  For a detailed explanation,

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-July/079600.html

To avoid this problem, Magma handles Sets and Dictionary's
logical-representation with indexed instance variables (i.e., stored
and retrieved like Array's).  The cost of doing this is, it exposes a
limitation of Magma that I have not yet had time to fix; support for
both named and indexed variables in the same class.

KeyedSet adds a named instance variable to a class that Magma treats as
indexed, so it is not supported.  It definitely can be, and if you wish
to work on it I would be grateful.  But it will require some careful
changes to "Ma object serialization" package and probably "Ma traverse
object graphs" too.

Regards,
  Chris