Magma Tests

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Fri Aug 11 04:23:39 UTC 2006

Greetings ernst,

Those projects are part of the "3.7 Full" image.  Magma runs a test
where client2 purges those projects, client1 persists those projects in
the database, then client2 materializes them.

The 3.8 image did not include those projects, so the best and only
thing it can do is open a warning like it does.

The projects test is a great test and does work (or, did in 3.7, at
least), but no one really uses Magma to persist Projects to my
knowledge.

A lockup will occur if you start the test cases with a Transcript open.
 This is not your fault, its a bug in 3.8 which causes Squeak to lock
up when many displays are made to the Transcript from a background
process.  This problem did not happen in 3.7 but does in 3.8 for some
reason.

Therefore, before kicking off the test cases, be sure to:

  1.  Delete the "Magma", "Peer", and "compressed" folders (if they
exist) from the testEnvironmentDirectory you specified from running
prior tests.
  2.  Close any Transcript windows on the desktop.  The test script
will open a Transcript on the conductor image so that you may monitor
the progress of the test.

THEN run MagmaTestCase kickoff.

I'm glad to see you running the test cases.  Would you mind telling me
what platform you're running them on?

Thanks,
  Chris