deprecation of MaAsciiStringIndex

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Aug 29 20:50:07 UTC 2006

Hi Chris!

I have been battling indexes for a few hours now and I am stumped. I
have this really marvellously silly result that I just can't understand.
I just recreated it as clean as I could:

1. Take 3.8-6665-basic. SMSqueakMap bootStrap, install Monticello, add
MagmaTester repo, install MagmaServerLoader-cmm.19.

2. Install attached .st file, open test runner, run MagmaBugTests.

So what is it? Well, a MagmaCollection with a simple integer index fails
to give me the THIRD object back. Kinda weird. The test adds an index,
adds 100 Associations - and hey, where did the third one go? It is in
the collection but the index just fails to see it.

In Gjallar it was also the THIRD Q2Txn we added to a MagmaCollection.
Well, the order does not matter (you can add them in reverse, no
difference) - it is the index value 3 which gives Magma the spooks :).
Adding 10 to 100 works fine. But not 3.

Well, suck on that one! I tried following the code but... got
disoriented.

regards, Göran