For interest: Magma in 3.9a-7008

Mart-Mari Breedt breedt_m at aircom.co.za
Fri Mar 17 07:50:21 UTC 2006

Hallo all,

I am not sure whether this mail belongs on the Magma mailing list or the
Squeak mailing list. Since my problem only seems to occur when
installing Magma, I thought it better to post it here first.

This morning I was playing a bit with the new squeak image, 3.9a-7008. I
found that installing Magma1.0-cmm.4.mcz (from a local copy) takes about
twenty-five (!) minutes. The installation otherwise progresses fine,
except for a warning towards the end of the installation:
"CompiledMethod>>who has been deprecated. use #methodClass and #selector
directly", but you can still proceed in this case. The same installation
in 3.8-6665 doesn't even take a minute.

Maybe someone can venture a guess as to why the Magma installation takes
so much longer in the new image?

Kind regards,

Mart-Mari