Magma on 3.7 report

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Wed Mar 22 13:25:32 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

Göran assured me that Magma was the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread so
I decided to try making my 3.7-based seaside app use Magma for
persistency. According to the Wiki, 3.7 and 3.8 are supported (http://
minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2665).

However, when installing via MagmaServerLoader-cmm.13 in 3.7, these
definitions failed:

   ByteString>>maAlphabeticalNext
   StrikeFontSet class>>maMaterializeFromGraph:using:
   StrikeFontSet>>maAsStorageObject
   StrikeFontSet>>maUsesStandardStorage

Apparently there are no senders of maAlphabeticalNext, and I do not
use fonts, so I think I can ignore these.

After loading there is an undeclared MagmaCollectionContext in
MagmaCollectionReader>>maNewSearchContext but this is unsent, too, so
safe to ignore.

Apart from that, things looked nice :)

- Bert -