[Q] changing keySize:

Norberto Manzanos nmanzanos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:39:41 UTC 2006

Sorry for bother you with these elementary questions.

I am playing with differentes keySizes in indexes, but everytime I
change the keySize of an index and rebuild the database Squeak hungs
(or it takes too much time to do the task).
I'm saveving only 200 objects in a one single entry with two indexes.
The first time I save them, its very fast, but when I begin playing
with differents keySizes, Squeak loops.
Normally I close the session (a single user sesssion) and reopen it,
before to rebuild the database and the indexes, but I have tried even
deleting the db files and recreate them. I thought its must be
something about references that remains in my image, so I try to find
how to perform a garbageCollect of Magma. I found a comment in
MagmaCompressor that says "yourRepositoryController garbageColllect".
But this object does not understand #garbageCollect, nor any other
magma object.
Would you give me any hint? Or something to read about that?

Thank you in advance.
Norberto