rollbacks in magma

Norberto Manzanos nmanzanos at gmail.com
Thu May 18 21:19:14 UTC 2006

Hi Chris and magma people.

Sorry I didn't answer the last mail you sent to me. I wanted to learn
more about Magma and make more tests before migrate all my data.
Now I'm testing transactions. Juan Burella, who wrote the former
message is working with me and he made the tests I'm attaching.
We noticed some behaviour with transactions that we couldn't understand.
In test1TransactionCommit a key is added and the removed. The first
time the test is run, if pass. But the seconds it fails because the
key is found, and it was supossed to be deleted from the server
session (and the files).
Perhaps we won't need this functionallity though the user application
won't add new keys. But it should work.
The other problematic test is test2NestedTransactionAbort.
The general idea is 1) begin a transaction, add an element without
commiting 2) begin another transaction inside the first, remove this
element 3) abort the inner transaction 4)commit the outer. In other
words, edit an object, edit an object inside the first, cancel this
change but save the first.
But after the inner transaction abort, the outer raises an error "No
transaction to commit"
Evidently, we are doing something wrong, but we can't find it.
Would you give us a hint?

Thanks

(To run the test look at the class side. #path sets the pathname for
the database. #initialize creates the repository  #finalize delete it)

Norberto