Magma question

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Nov 3 11:56:21 UTC 2006

Hi Chris!

Ok, so I am frantically getting Gjallar into some deployable shape here.
:) Yesterday I played with creating 600 cases programmatically - kinda
complex objects, one per commit - took 25 min which isn't all bad - and
it was doing other silly things too.

The more interesting fact is that Magma indexes seem to do their job
perfectly fine with 600 cases in Gjallar. One of these nights I will
push 10000 into it and we can see what happens.

BUT... one silly question:

If I use a reader with an index query - and the cases that the reader
finds are already cached into the session - should it really be doing
buffer reading? While doing one of these operations using the profiler I
kept hitting "Q2Case allInstances size" in a workspace and it constantly
showed 85 - just like before. So no new Q2Case objects were created but
the profiler spent 10 seconds in Magma doing buffer reads it seems. I
had expected it to just get some kind of oid, discover it already has
the object in the imag - and that would be it.

I can of course provide more info if you need it.

regards, Göran