Some more newbies questions

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire2006 at laposte.net
Wed Oct 11 07:45:48 UTC 2006

Some more questions:

Are the Magma OODB portable from one architecture to another?
If I create and populate a repository in a Magma Server running on
Linux, can I transfer all the Magma file repository in a Magma server
running in Windows?

Can I switch the use of a Magma repository in single mode then in server
mode, and vis-versa?

Regarding the readStrategy I don not understand very clearly the
difference between the minimumDepth: and readToDeapth: keyword argument?

maSession readStrategy:
     ((MaReadStrategy minimumDepth: 1)
         onAny: Form readToDepth: 999 ;
         yourself).

In this example why using 999, will 1 or 2 be just enought?

Thanks,

Hilaire