Head on MagmaCollection

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 18:56:33 UTC 2006

Not directly, because only #where: is something for MagmaCollection's which returns a Reader.  Depending on your indexes, you can use & (and) to maximize query performance.

But still nesting support is a very good idea so that MagmaCollections and Readers are 'symmetrical" w.r.t. where querying.  To that end, it is something I have already been working on and am very close.  Depending on whether you use "luxury" features like distinct: true or sorting on a non-optimized attribute, it must give you back a Reader on a *new* MagmaCollection.  So if you then ask the reader for this new collection you can then do further where: query's on that.

But I should probably take it one step further so you can use #where: on a reader, good idea..