Magma + Seaside integration

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Tue Sep 5 14:40:05 UTC 2006

Hi Brent, I hope that you and Keith will find a way to synchronise.

Personally, I think Monticello is much more suited to multi-developer
work than change sets simply because it tracks the ancestry tree.

> I am sticking with the change set approach as it highlights (to me
> anyway) how little
> needs to change to modify the Seaside demo to have a Magma
> repository.

Are you talking about the ability to "Browse code" from Squeaks
file-manager so one can see just the deltas?  Monticello pretty much
offers this too via the "Merge" function.  It doesn't provide it in a
nice class-like browser, but it does highlight where methods are
actually new or modified; to see that in the changeset Code browser you
have to select every method.

Unless there's something else about changesets I'm missing, I really
don't see any disadvantage to using Monticello..