Context-#session

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 11 00:30:59 UTC 2006

In trying to implement MagmaPersistency it turns out that the fact that
PRContext holds a local cache to the current session may be a bit of a
pain. Not only may there be a lot more stuff accidentally persisted
through this reference, there may actually be objects that magma gurus
say 'don't persist these if you know what is good for you'.

I cant see that this cache is widely used, so I wondered if anyone would
object if it was removed

i.e. make this method lookup the current session the hard but not all
that slow way (about 100 microseconds, on my oldish 700Mhz machine)

PRContext>>session

^ WACurrentSession value

any thoughts/opinions?

Keith