Scalability Testing

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Sat Sep 16 23:40:39 UTC 2006

I presume you did a Smalltalk garbageCollect and a "mySession
finalizeOids"..  If that doesn't work then they are referenced
somewhere.  I've found things I didn't want around anymore referenced
from block-temps before, a real pain..  These things can be hard to
track down, even with the various pointer chhasers browsers but I have
trouble with them (i.e., they sometimes show only the browser itself
referencing)..

This is a bulk load right?  What I've found is, after each commit, if
you stub out the Pages you loaded, Squeak will garbage collect much
better.  It should significantly cut down on your cached objects (and
improve performance).