Read Strategies

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Tue Sep 19 00:06:44 UTC 2006

No, it's only additive to the #minimumDepth.  I had to look at the server method where it checks the depth while reading an object graph to see if a negative depth could be specified.  Check out the method:

  MaObjectBuffer>>
    appendGraphUsing: aMaReadStrategy
    into: aMaSerializedGraphBuffer
    currentDepth: currentDepth
    minDepth: minDepth
    with: alreadyAppendedSet
    filer: aMaObjectFiler

  I agree it seems like that could be useful to subtract, but unfortunately it doesn't do that..