[ANN] Magma seasideHelper and Tutorial

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 14:42:08 UTC 2007

I am pleased to announce that with "Magma seasideHelper" we have totally
the simplest persistence solution for seaside!

Here is the "tutorial" segment demonstrating the use of Magma with the
'todo' application (as requested).
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6021

The tutorial demonstrates the following features:

1. Complete Transparency - all transactions and commits to the database
are performed behind the scenes.
2. Zero Configuration - ready to run "just add magma" to your seaside
application.
3. Auto Initialization - the database and your application data models
initialize themselves.
4. Magma Collections - indexed large data sets
5. Migration - support for changes to the implementation of persisted
models

The documentation for magma seasideHelper is here

"Magma seasideHelper" (the correct URL this time)
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6019

This announcement is on the magma mailing list only, after some feedback I will be ready to announce this to the world...

so thank you in advance to anyone who is trying this out, do let me know how you get on

Keith