magma problems after installing KryptOn

Burella Juan M. juan.burella at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 18:20:58 UTC 2007

Hello. I was using Magma (magmaVersion = 8). I want to implement some
security in my application so after installing KryptOn-cmm.26 I ran into
dependency problems, so as there isn't enough documentation of how to
install it (at least isn't enough clear for me), I've installed all the
packages from the repository (http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/KryptOn). I have
to ask, which packages and in what order should I install in order to this
works properly?

I've seen some packages complements (loose methods?) their magma
equivalents.
Can anybody give a description of the packages inside this repository? And
when it's necessary to install? I mean something really simple like
"This implements X functionality"
"Install this when you want X (fuzzy searching, handling exceptions, etc)."
or
"This is/could be needed by X"

KryptOn
KryptOn tester
KryptOnLoader
KryptOnTesterLoader

Ma Armored Code
Ma base additions
Ma client server
Ma exception handling
Ma object serialization
Ma proxy support
Ma Squeak domain
Ma special collections
Ma time objects
Ma traverse object graphs
System overrides for ma object serialization

The following bug report was generated after executing this expression:

MagmaRepositoryController
    create: 'd:\Sq3.8\magma\newDb\'
    root: Dictionary new.

(before installing KryptOn, it worked fine)

[BUG]MessageNotUnderstood(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #copyAttributes:from:

2 February 2007 1:23:19 pm

VM: Win32 - a SmalltalkImage
Image: Squeak3.8 [latest update: #6665]

SecurityManager state:
Restricted: false
FileAccess: true
SocketAccess: true
Working Dir D:\Sq3.8
Trusted Dir D:\Sq3.8\jperez
Untrusted Dir C:\My Squeak\jperez

MessageNotUnderstood(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #copyAttributes:from:
    Receiver: MessageNotUnderstood
    Arguments and temporary variables:
        aMessage:     copyAttributes: #('messageText' 'tag' 'message'
'receiver') from: Mes...etc...
    Receiver's instance variables:
        messageText:     nil
        tag:     nil
        signalContext:     nil
        handlerContext:     nil
        outerContext:     nil
        message:     nil
        receiver:     nil

MagmaSession>>signalExceptionLike:
    Receiver: a MagmaSession
    Arguments and temporary variables:
        anException:     MessageNotUnderstood: MagmaIdRequest>>processUsing:
        signalableError:     nil
    Receiver's instance variables:
        id:     nil
        user:     a MagmaUser
    id : __system
        serializer:     a MaObjectSerializer
        transaction:     a MaTransaction
        readStrategy:     nil
        definition:     a MagmaRepositoryDefinition
        preferences:     a MagmaPreferences
        anchor:     nil
        transactionLevel:     0
        link:     a MaLocalServerLink
        strongReferences:     an OrderedCollection()

MagmaSession>>submit:
    Receiver: a MagmaSession
    Arguments and temporary variables:
        aMagmaRepositoryRequest:     a MagmaIdRequest
        result:     MessageNotUnderstood: MagmaIdRequest>>processUsing:
    Receiver's instance variables:
        id:     nil
        user:     a MagmaUser
    id : __system
        serializer:     a MaObjectSerializer
        transaction:     a MaTransaction
        readStrategy:     nil
        definition:     a MagmaRepositoryDefinition
        preferences:     a MagmaPreferences
        anchor:     nil
        transactionLevel:     0
        link:     a MaLocalServerLink
        strongReferences:     an OrderedCollection()

MagmaSession>>remoteMagmaId
    Receiver: a MagmaSession
    Arguments and temporary variables:

    Receiver's instance variables:
        id:     nil
        user:     a MagmaUser
    id : __system
        serializer:     a MaObjectSerializer
        transaction:     a MaTransaction
        readStrategy:     nil
        definition:     a MagmaRepositoryDefinition
        preferences:     a MagmaPreferences
        anchor:     nil
        transactionLevel:     0
        link:     a MaLocalServerLink
        strongReferences:     an OrderedCollection()

--- The full stack ---
MessageNotUnderstood(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #copyAttributes:from:
MagmaSession>>signalExceptionLike:
MagmaSession>>submit:
MagmaSession>>remoteMagmaId
MagmaSession>>validateRemoteId
MagmaSession>>primConnect
MagmaSession>>connect:
MagmaRepositoryController>>connect
MagmaRepositoryController>>createRepositoryAt:
MagmaRepositoryController class>>create:
MagmaRepositoryController class>>create:root:
UndefinedObject>>DoIt
Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:logged:
[] in TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>evaluateSelection {[rcvr class
evaluatorClass new   evaluate: self selectionAsStream   in: ctxt...]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
TextMorphEditor(ParagraphEditor)>>evaluateSelection
[] in PluggableTextMorph>>exploreIt {[result := textMorph editor
evaluateSelection.  ((result isKindOf: FakeClass...]}
[] in PluggableTextMorph>>handleEdit: {[result := editBlock value]}
TextMorphForEditView(TextMorph)>>handleEdit:
PluggableTextMorph>>handleEdit:
PluggableTextMorph>>exploreIt
Workspace(StringHolder)>>perform:orSendTo:
[] in MenuItemMorph>>invokeWithEvent: {[(selArgCount := selector numArgs) =
0   ifTrue: [target perform: selector] ...]}
BlockContext>>ensure:
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
MenuItemMorph>>invokeWithEvent:
MenuItemMorph>>mouseUp:
MenuItemMorph>>handleMouseUp:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
MenuItemMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
MenuItemMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MenuMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
MenuMorph>>handleFocusEvent:
[] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear: {[ActiveHand := self.  ActiveEvent
:= anEvent.  result := focusHolder     han...]}
[] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring: {[aBlock value]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
...etc...