Query with several indexes

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire2006 at laposte.net
Tue Feb 20 15:15:26 UTC 2007

Hilaire Fernandes a écrit :

>> IFIDbSession
>>     commit: [IFIModels links
>>         addIndex: (MaCompetencyIndex attribute: #parent);
>>         addIndex: (MaCompetencyIndex attribute: #owner);
>>         addIndex: (MaCompetencyIndex attribute: #necessary);
>>         addIndex: (MaFloatIndex attribute: #threshold);
>>         addIndex: (MaFloatIndex attribute: #transfer)]
>

> In case of doubt I updated the server image with the latest code of my
> application. So it knows about my MaCompetencyIndex definition.
> The same error appears, but this time the error message is different:
> 'attempt to index non-existent element in an ordered collection'

Okay, I figure out index must be created before inserting any element in
a MagmaCollection. Incidentally I realized indexes are not automatically
updated when an indexed attribute/aspect is changed. Now I understand
what is for the noteOldKeysFor: message.
Is it that correct?

What is the preferred solution when one need to add an index to a
MagmaCollection already populated with elements?

Using OBDB turns to be quite complex.

Hilaire