[Fwd: Re: Magma Seaside package?]

Thierry Thelliez thierry.thelliez.tech at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 22:14:38 UTC 2007

Thanks for taking the time to document some of that!

I found that there is a lot of code that could be reused in other
applications. For example your Q2MagmaMock or Q2Log could benefit
other applications.

More details about the motivations behind the classes in the following
categories could help reading the code, I think. The very high level
intent is understandable but drilling in the details is hard.
Q2-HV
Q2-Magma-addons
Q2-Scheduler
Q2-Seaside-addons
Q2-Sessions
Q2-Transactions
Q2-Utilities
Q2-Translation

Another area of confusion for me, not directly related to Gjallar, is
the versioning mechanism in Squeak. I had started creating some code
in 3.9 (learning from the Pier/Seaside/Magma application example). But
I found hard to understand what will and will not work under 3.9
and/or the latest Seaside/Magma versions. I guess that this comment
belongs to another discussion list ;-)

Happy badminton!
Thierry