Searching magma string indices

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 22:54:39 UTC 2007

On 3/1/07, Chris Muller <chris at funkyobjects.org> wrote:

> Hi Brent!
>
> I think you've cleverly solved your own question..  By indexing the
> reversed value, its no different than a keyword index where you can already
> query on the presence of multiple keywords, as in:

> You don't even need a separate "reversed" index, just add two entries (the
> forward and reversed) for each object added to the collection.

Actually, wouldn't this give you wrong results?  That is, if in the normal
collection you had "foobar" and "rabbit" and searched for '%bar', I think
you would get back both "foobar" and "rabbit" (since it would match on
raboof and rabbit, right?).

So, for safety, I would still suggest having 2 collections - or maybe
tagging the collection with a notice if it is a reversed value or not.

-ChrisC