Tutorial

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 02:27:39 UTC 2007

Yes, it is still true.  The reason is Magma stores the logical instead
of the physical structure of these objects to avoid this problem:

  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-July/079600.html

It hasn't been a problem for me because I always wrap a Dictionary or
Set instead of subclassing them.  It can be done but a little work is
needed first.

More basically, what is not supported is generic support for objects
with with both named and indexed instance variables.  I haven't needed
it myself, but would very much like for it to be supported for the
sake of transparency the rest of the way through.

The work is needed in "Ma object serialization", which has its own
test case which runs all in memory.
MaObjectSerializer>>#testMaterialize: allows a very quick way to test
serialization / materialization of a single object.

 - Chris