Release 40 is imminent

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 04:19:55 UTC 2007

I have just posted r40Gamma3 to the "MagmaTester" project of squeaksource.

This will be released to SqueakMap with an announcement sometime next
week or so.

This one single code-base has been tested successfully in 3.7, 3.8,
3.9, Croquet, base Tweak and the squeak-Development images.

Obviously, the one missing from that list is 3.10, simply because I
haven't had time to do it yet.  That's the final gate to pass thru
before releasing.

This is your last chance to help me out with this release.  If you
can, *please* do any final testing with your own Magma programs.  Make
backup copies of your r39 repositories and then open them directly
with r40.  You will see a warning and then it should convert them
seamlessly.

Hilaire said he had a problem with the conversion process, so I would
really appreciate, if there is a problem, we can reproduce it together
before the release goes out.

Thanks,
 Chris