Magma benchmarks with different MaDictionaries comparison

Florian Minjat florian.minjat at emn.fr
Mon Sep 10 18:17:43 UTC 2007

Chris Muller wrote:
> Hi Florian, thanks for trying the latest version.  I just posted a new
> version, 1.0r40gamma4 which, along with the suggestions below, should
> address (hopefully all) of your issues.
>
>> - I wanted to run it under linux but it doesn't want to, looking for a
>> 'squeak.exe' intead of 'squeak'.
>
> I changed that to "SmalltalkImage current getSystemAttribute: 0".
> Does that work for you on your Linux?

No it didn't.
I used this in MaNetworkTestCase class>>launchImageNamed: "(Smalltalk
classNamed: #OSProcess) command: self executableName, ' ' ,
(SmalltalkImage current imagePath), FileDirectory slash , imageName"

And in MaNetworkTestCase class>>executableName : "OSProcess programName"
It should be platform independent but I can't test under windows until
tomorrow.

>> - I got an error EmptyStream during SecureHashAlgorithm>>hashStream:
>> with MultiByteFileStream: 'c:\temp\Magma\objects.5.idx' as argument on
>> the _magmaTestServer. The _testConductor image shows 'remote
>> performing  captureFileChecksumsWithCopy: with arguments #(false) in
>> server'. The file size is 0 octet so I don't know what the hash is
>> suppose to answer on this one.
>> I modified the
>> MagmaTestCase>>fileChecksums method to put 0 in the answer if the file
>> is empty (file atEnd).
>
> Please expect the tests to run from start to finish without any
> problems.  If they don't, there's  a problem and what you are doing is
> simply trying to hide a problem with the test that shouldn't have
> occurred in the first place.  When you have as many problems as you
> had getting this far, it's very likely this was caused by a previous
> problem.  You should focus on getting a clean run before trying to
> "fix" potential non-problems.

Same error on the same empty file. And the test was fine from the start.

Florian