[ANN] Magma 1.0r40

Florian Minjat florian.minjat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 11:17:30 UTC 2007

Florian Minjat wrote:
> I tried sig's optimisation and it was a lot quicker than the normal one.
> The problem was the race condition we are dealing with arrived quicker
> too. A simple but bad solution was to add a delay in #reject:. I don't
> know if sig has got a better solution yet.
>
> I'll try the Martin Loewis's optimisation to compare the two.

Ok I just tried it, by installing the fix on Mantis and using
"MagmaPreferences weakIdentityKeyDictionaryClass:
WeakIdentityKeyDictionary."
By the way there should be the same for weakValueDictionaryClass in
order to really optimize something. I don't know where it's used in
magma code, so I can't do that...

So yes after that I launched my update process, and got an error
'could not find an empty slot.' after 20s in
WeakKeyDictionary>>noCheckAdd:.

Florian