Batch load throughput behaviour

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 01:15:11 UTC 2008

Stan, my car made a strange noise today, any idea why?

The best way to answer your question is to profile.  Put a check in
your load code to profile the loading of the last 10-thousand (of 2M)
elements.  Post the results here.

Also post your sample code here so we can all see what you are doing.
What are you loading?  What indexes do you have and what are their key
and record sizes?  How large are your commits?  Did you notice an
ever-increasing memory consumption in the client image?

Also important are what version of Magma and what image are you running in?

You might want to look at the documentation page to ensure you are
following the performance tuning suggestions.

Regards,
  Chris