Setting up a repository

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 00:35:04 UTC 2008

>  Actually, I didnt read fully what Chris was proposing. I think we need some
> documentation on the ForwardingProxy since I myself have no idea how to
> acomplish what he is proposing. I think that he is suggesting that we place
> data from different domains in separate databases.

As mentioned, take a look at MagmaForwardingProxy.  Here is its class comment:

    "I refer to an object in the repository indicated by my 'magmaId'.
 You send me a message and I'll signal my session to try to connect if
necessary and forward the message on to the real object in that
repository.

If my session cannot make a connection, I will create an
"MagmaOfflineObject" which will remember the message you sent and try
to send it when the session becomes available."

There is a testcase for this you can look at for more information.
See #testAutoConnectingForwardingProxy.

Now, I think this function will need some more consideration and
refinement.  I would like to entertain the idea of integrating
Promises, for example, instead of the existing "OfflineObject".  Any
ideas are welcome.