Sequence numbering problem... solved.

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Tue Nov 18 22:26:56 UTC 2008

Hi!

As Chris knows we need sequence numbers in Gjallar. Chris implemented
#serverPerform:withArguments: but I admit being slightly stumped with it.

I think the idea is that you add methods to MagmaRepositoryController
like for example:

q2CounterInitialize: anId
	| sess counter |
	counter := 0.
	sess := self session.
	sess cacheAt: anId put: counter.
	^sess commit: [ sess root environment at: anId put: counter ]

q2CounterNext: anId
	| sess |
	sess := self session.
	^sess commit: [ sess root environment at: anId put: (sess root
environment at: anId) + 1]

q2CounterValue: anId
	| sess |
	sess := self session.
	^sess commit: [ sess root environment at: anId ]

...and then we call them, right? Soo... today I ended up getting errors
about serialization:

"MaMalformedRequestError: No createProxyBlock specified.  See
MaObjectSerializer>>toCreateProxies:"

Aha... I think I realized this now - the id above is a UUID but we are
sending a MaMutatingProxy instead. So I added just a little call like
"{id yourself}" to make sure it gets faulted - and then it seems to work.

regards, Göran