Sequence numbering problem... solved.

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Sat Nov 22 09:32:40 UTC 2008

Hi again!

Chris Muller wrote:
> Thanks for the report Göran.  Good debugging, another option would be
> to employ a ReadStrategy to ensure the UUID is dereferenced in the
> original server call.

Right, I need to look into readstrategies again - it seems we have ours
disabled right now.

> This never came up because serverPerform: was added solely for this
> purpose (sequence # generators), and a proxy would never be part of
> any of the other requests.  Still, you've piqued my curiousity whether
> Magma could make this invisible for you.

I was also going nuts trying to debug another (turned out very similar)
issue where we send #respondsTo: to a proxy. We got false but then I
realized we only got false *the first time* (restarting in debugger made
it answer true and thus I immediately started suspecting proxies) but I
was still totally confused because the Magma DNU code looked perfectly fine.

Then I realized the problem was not the *receiver* - it was (probably)
the argument - the symbol. I think it happens to be a proxy... I haven't
finished this little adventure yet - I am fairly sure it is because the
argument is a proxy and the method dict lookup fails somehow because of
that. I will try to establish this.

regards, Göran