so many processes

Phil at Work phil at retailinfo.com.au
Mon Nov 24 01:45:56 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I've seen this answered in the archive a couple of months back,
however the solution isn't working for me.

I have around 3000 processes that appear to be defunct timers - ie
i've shutdown magma, thrown away the magma directory, started up
squeak again, and... many thousands of magma processes - at one stage
around 5000 processes!
(50s) Time to process MaRepositoryConnectionRequest: Process>>terminate
(50s) Time to process MaAbortTransactionRequest: Process>>terminate
(50s) Time to process MaReadRequest: Process>>terminate
(50) Time to process MaRepositoryDisconnectRequest: Delay>>wait
(50) Time to process MaRepositoryDisconnectRequest: Delay>>wait
(50) Time waiting for MaRepositoryDisconnectRequest requests:
Delay>>wait
(50) Time waiting for MagmaIdRequest requests: Delay>>wait
(50) Time to process MaReadRequest: Delay>>wait
(50) Time to process MaRepositoryDisconnectRequest: Delay>>wait
(50) Time to process MaRepositoryConnectionRequest: Delay>>wait
(50) Time to process MaAbortTransactionRequest: Delay>>wait
  ...and so on.

The solution i tried was:

MagmaSession cleanUp

result: 'MagmaSession instances (before->after):  0->0'

still many thousands of processes.

Does anyone know how to clean up the mess?

Thanks in advance,

Phil
Phil Blake
Information Systems