so many processes

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 02:05:26 UTC 2008

2008/11/24 Phil at Work <phil at retailinfo.com.au>:
> Hi Igor,
> Thanks for the quick reply.
> Sorry if this is a silly question - how do i go about fixing this? :)
> I don't see any MA classes that respond to #terminate, i haven't seen any
> exceptions referring to #terminate, so i'm not sure how to start...
> Many thanks in advance.
> Phil

Well, as with any recursion (if it recursion) , find a repetitive
pattern - then somewhere in it put check for a flag , which initially
should be false, and set to true on first entry.

And, you don't have to look after #terminate implementors.
When process terminates in squeak, it initiates the stack unwinding,
so any #ensure: or #ifCurtailed: blocks get executed.
There is plenty of them in Magma, and looks like one of them causing recursion.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.