Magma and Magma on Pharo questions

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 00:36:31 UTC 2009

Hi Chris,

I am a little frustrated by the documentation about installing magma.
They talk about squeak map, sar, monticello, monticello configuration. I
know that this question has been asked *several* times before but,
please, one more time: where can we get the latest

Magma client
Magma server
Magma tester

for both

r41
r42

and for monticello/monticello configuration. Personally I think that the
universes, map and friends are very frustrating to cope with.

Shouldn't be good, with the inminent r42 release, to create a *brand
new* repository location and put there everything that is needed and
nothing else (historic versions, versions with other names, etc) and in
each page of magma on the wiki put a line pointing to that location. I
believe that most users will use the new version and the historic ones
shouldn't make noise here. Also, the latest version is the supported
one, so it is wise to stay current.

Second question. Are there plans to support Magma on Pharo. I know that
Pharo has many incompatibilities with squeak, but also, it is cleaner
than squeak. Other thing that is happening right now in squeak is the
integration of closures that make magma incompatible with the next
version of squeak (I think :)) and pharo already has closures
integrated. Shouldn't be time to have a new version for this platforms?

Thanks for your time answering this.