Magma and Magma on Pharo questions

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 05:32:47 UTC 2009

El lun, 10-08-2009 a las 11:19 -0500, Chris Muller escribió:

> A platform-adapter integrated into Magma could be used to delegate
> platform-specific operations..  The individual platform subclasses
> could even be their own separately-loadable package.  This approach
> would allow a single code-base for all platforms, and would
> (hopefully) be useful for making it VW-compatible..  I'm available for
> support on the Magma side.  Any volunteers to do the actual work?

ah, that will be great.

> > etc) the integration of Magma with Seaside/Aida are very important for
> > me. Because Pharo is intended as a real, strong and minimal platform for
> > running Seaside apps, I think that Magma has a very big opportunity to
> > be a real foundations.
>
> Can you tell me some ideas you may have for the kinds of things you'd
> like to see in a web-"integration" package for Magma?

A think that a

- tested and Chris-approved-certified Magma Client
- tested and Chris-approved-certified Magma Server
- tested and Chris-approved-certified Magma Tester
- tested and Keith-approved-certified seasideHelper (but trimmed and
using his words not "everything and the kitchen)

will be more than enough.

Of course I will help to test, document and even try to code (but can't
promise as my Smalltalk abilities are light years from you both).

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx