Great News - Pharo Support - Now Seaside.

Timothy James Ziebart timothy at churchmilitant.org
Fri Aug 21 18:45:03 UTC 2009

Hi All.

Thank you Chris for Magma, I am planning on using it on a commercial
website.  I will publish a link when it is ready.

Now for my challenge - Seaside support.  The questions of course are
open to all and comments are welcome.  Thank you in advance.  I've read
all that I can on the subject but I still have a number of questions.

I am running the latest Pharo with the latest Magma loaded.  All
packages were loaded via Monticello.

1. The state of Jetsam.  I installed the latest but now am unable to
configure a seaside app.  On the configuration page the options are
"fixed set by client".  Any suggestions?   My concern -- is this is
indicative of other problems -- maybe related to Pharo?

2. Magma SeasideHelper - Given the question about Jetsam this is a
non-starter.  I would assume SeasideHelper is of no use without Jetsam.

3.  Magma Seaside - http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5817  - Can I use the
examples and implement  Magma as  indicated?  I am currently using  a
custom WASession for my purposes and will most likely establish a Magma
connection for each Seaside session.  Local database for development -
remote for production.

4. Are there other implementation options - sample code?  I understand
the Gjallar implementation is not recommended - true?