Why Gjallar is a "bad" Magma example (was Re: Great News - Pharo Support - Now Seaside.)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 14:53:13 UTC 2009

> Another aspect is that we have experienced "odd problems" here and there and
> it makes me nervous for larger deployments. For example, indexing getting
> "messed up" (I really would like an ability to rebuild them easily) makeing
> query results "wrong".

You've mentioned this before..  I hope to have a chance to learn more
about this problem.  Magma's indexing has been heavily tested, but
that doesn't mean there couldn't be an odd bug somewhere..

> The "magic" of Magma is also a problem when something
> odd happens. It can be quite hard to know what to do to fix it.
> ..
> Here is a short story explaining what I mean with this last bit:

I was hoping you were going to share a Magma story!  For the last
couple of years, Magma has been developed almost solely based on
user-requests; even the HA function!  The next time something odd
happens, please share and Magma will be fixed / improved to avoid that
oddity..

Regards,
  Chris