Why Gjallar is a "bad" Magma example (was Re: Great News - Pharo Support - Now Seaside.)

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 16:18:47 UTC 2009

> Well, I dunno, I presume that it can't really be an "app side" bug causing
> it - but hey. :)

Magma requires the app to #noteOldKeysFor: an object, *before* its
keys are changed.  So it could be an app-side bug, but it's possible
there could be a Magma bug too..

You can use the MagmaBufferBrowser to find the buffer for the bad
Case, from that the exact commit-log record that indexed that case in
the place it did.  Explore that commit-log record and drill into the
commit-package.  Under there you will see the 'largeCollectionChanges'
and, under there, a Dictionary with a key to see all of the details;
what hash-keys the object was indexed at for each index..

Hope that helps..