r42Gamma4 woes

Brian Mason bmason at itassociates.com
Tue Jun 23 18:12:07 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I am trying to load Magma into Seaside 2.8.4.  I get a load error:

MaObjectSerializer>>setUpClassDefinitionProcessing

                preferences

                                beforeSerializingAny: #MaClassReference

                                do:

                                                [ : aMaClassReference |

                                                aMaClassReference id:

(classIdManager

idForClass: aMaClassReference classObject

ifAbsent:

[ (classIdManager addNewClass: aMaClassReference classObject
theNonMetaClass) id ]).

                                                Cannot store into
->aMaClassReference := nil ] ;

                                afterMaterializingAny: #MaClassDefinition

                                do:

                                                (MessageSend

                                                                receiver:
classIdManager

                                                                selector:
#addClassDefinition:)

I tried simply commenting out the obvious error but then the create never
completes.

MagmaRepositoryController

                Create: 'c:\first'

                root: Dictionaty new

I am working under Vista.

I would appreciate guidance.

Brian

"You can have everything you want if you just help enough other people get
what they want." - Zig Zigglar