Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:23:02 UTC 2009

Hi Keith, I'm glad to see your presence again..!

Yes, I would be willing to have someone incorporate LPF or other
"platform-packages" as Igor suggested into the mainline Magma,
delegating to them appropriately, as long as they didn't get too big
and/or confusing..

But here's the thing.  I believe "energy to do something" comes out of
this or any volunteer community only when a volunteer is motivated by
their own agenda.  Therefore, I hope this work will eventually be
picked up by someone like Stuart, Miguel, yourself, or anyone else who
is motivated enough by a Pharo project to do the work.  I have a
_mountain_ of other work besides Magma right now, and since my
trajectory is along the Squeak path at this time, that's where I find
my energy to be fully allocated at this time.

The other problem is "value for the effort".  For now I think Squeak
and Pharo are compatible-enough that Magma is able to maintain one
single code-base that can be loaded and used in either..

Regards,
  Chris