magma with Pharo

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 9 16:04:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 10:20:48AM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:

> > Finally, I want to run the test suite. ??OSProcess does not show up in
> > MC, and Pharo doesn't seem to have a package universe tool. The
>
> I was able to install OSProcess into the Pharo image in each of the
> following ways:
>
>   1) installing directly from squeaksource
>   2) downloading the .sar from SqueakMap, finding in a file-browser
> and installing the sar.  THEN, fixing the problem in the
> initialization code that occurs in the Pharo image.  Therefore, #1 is
> an easier way to install, but I did get this to work.

Note also the OSProcess tests are in package "Tests-OSProcess" which
is separate from package "OSProcess" (on SqueakSource in the OSProcess
project). So if the tests do not appear in the test runner, it may be
that the Tests-OSProcess package has not been loaded.

Similarly, for CommandShell the "Tests-CommandShell" package is separate
from the "CommandShell" package (in CommandShell project on SqueakSource).

Dave