Querying nested MagmaCollections

Amir Ansari fractallyte at csi.com
Fri Jan 8 20:55:25 UTC 2010

Thanks so much! That's an ingenious solution!

Yes, there were a couple of 'bugs' ;-)  but the concept was the most important thing. I have it working perfectly now.

Regarding alternative solutions: one could also make separate 'tables' for books and writers (I didn't use 'author' since it's already an important class in the Squeak system), related to each other by a primary key. (The classic relational model.) But I think it's inelegant for an object oriented system, which is why I was searching for a neater solution.

I'll have a look at Lava too!

Amir