Magma and process

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:17:45 UTC 2010

El vie, 22-01-2010 a las 14:35 -0300, Juan escribió:
> Folks
>
> I have a new project using magma, but by testing with a simple model
> I could see that the process is filled processBrowser in wait.
> Many of them  with names like
>
>   many with names like
>
>  'Time to Load Buffers'
>  'Time to Download Full Response'
>   'Time for Initial Response'
> etc etc..
>

> The number of processes is also striking for example now I'm 82.
>
> some background
>
> Magma client-cmm.446
> Magma seaside-brp.4
> Magma server-cmm.382
>
> Magma has a lot of packages and not as I determine which version,
> if there is a way to load a version stable of monticello
> please let me know
> Any idea will be appreciated

Have you checked the magma page:

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2657

specifically the section:
"Installing Magma from Monticello Configurations"

If you are using squeak then Open a monticello browser with this info:

MCHttpRepository
      location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MagmaTester'
      user: ''
      password: ''

and in the bottom look for the name

1.0r43

load that monticello configuration and that takes care of loading all
the needed packages.

If you are using Pharo, www.pharo-project.org, download a Pharo 1.0 rc1
(rc2 is about to be released and the instructions are aimed to this rc2
and posterior 1.0 release) and in a workspace "do it":

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
  load.

And then to get the client only, evaluate:

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project version: '1.0r43') load:
'Client'.

to get the server (including Client):

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project version: '1.0r43') load:
'Server'.

and to get the full test suite (including Server):

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project version: '1.0r43') load:
'Tester'.

Cheers

> best
>
> mdc