depoyment

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 16:23:57 UTC 2011

Mmm, replaying commit-logs doesn't really assist the process of moving
it to a new server.

Moving to a new server can be done one of two ways; either by the
approach I mentioned in my earlier e-mail (shutting it down and
updating the Node manually) or by starting a warm-backup on the server
you want to become the new primary and then invoking a deliberate swap
of primary duty with the current primary.  This latter approach allows
Magma repositories to move between servers without stopping service
and is demonstrated by the test-suite, HA Test Case 4,
#verifyQuickSwapFunction.

HTH,
  Chris