[ANN] Magma 1.4

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 15:54:41 UTC 2012

The MC history.  For past Magma releases, there were new features but
for this release all the "features" are simply things to make apps run
better; like now if two clients change the same object, it won't be a
commit-conflict if they changed it exactly the same way.  Another is a
timeout stretch -- where the timeout is temporarily doubled for each
successive retry, so that if an app has just one large read/commit
that takes just over the timeout, it won't require fiddling with
timeout period..

But you can see these type of new features bogs down the press-release
with excruciating detail.  That's the nature of the release and so
that's why I refer