Pharo Port

Udo Schneider udo.schneider at homeaddress.de
Thu Apr 27 21:05:13 UTC 2017

All,

I'm currently evaluating the effort needed to port Magma to Pharo. I
already am as far as being to able to load all required packages using a
configuration (w/o code changes so far ...).

Now I'm wondering which Magma/package versions I should best start
porting upon? Any hints?

I'm also not sure how to deal with breaking changes. Just the fact that
Pharo now uses a different file access approach means I have to change
core methods (e.g. in Ma-Core in this case). So I can't "just" provide a
"Ma*-Something-Pharo" package. And I'm pretty sure that there are other
areas where Squeak and Pharo diverged over time ...

CU,

Udo