[News] Cees mentioned a possible vote

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Mon May 22 13:57:19 UTC 2006

All,

Cees has mentioned that a possible vote about the future direction of Squeak
may come up if the community can not agree on a consensus.  My feeling is
that consensus is difficult to detect even in the best of circumstances.

Is this something that we should start preparing for?  Do we need to have a
more formal process for gathering and reporting on opinions?  Should we be
preparing for an election?  Is this vote something that the elections team
should step up and offer services for?  Should the news team and the
election team join forces to try to give better coverage to the issues?  (An
informed voter is our best hope)

Your thoughts?

Ron Teitelbaum