New 3.9alpha image is ready! (sort of)

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Tue Jul 12 09:42:02 UTC 2005

Am 05.07.2005 um 11:31 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:

>>> Unfortunately, I can't look into this right now.
>>>
>>> But there might be a bug in SqueakSource - the MCConf upgrade
>>> process
>>> tries to download the .mcd first (because that's much more
>>> efficient),
>>> and if that  fails, it downloads the .mcz. So the server should
>>> return an
>>> error if it cannot build the diff. However, it might be that I never
>>> tried that because we usually have all package versions in the
>>> repository.
>>
>> Thanks Bert, that was enough for me to go on, at least.  I came up
>> with a fix in MCConfiguration>>versionNamed:for:from: so that it
>> checks if the base version is in the repository first.  It may be
>> better to fix in SqueakSource, but this seems like a reasonable
>> fix for now.
>>
>> And of course, I used the new process to commit the fix in
>> 39a. :-)  So, there is a new MonticelloConfigurations-dew.32 in
>> the 39a repository at source.squeakfoundation.org with the fix.  I
>> also changed the MCConfig update #6676 to include this new
>> version.  (Since it was broken before, I just overwrote it in
>> place.)  You can grab the change for the "master" MCConfigurations
>> repository (at Impara?) if it looks good to you.
>
> Ok. I'll be back to Squeak work next week so I can look.

It's next week now :)

So I just tried this. There must be something different on your
squeaksource installation than on our's.

When I access "http://source.squeakfoundation.org/39a/
MonticelloConfigurations-dew.31(bf.30).mcd" it just hangs. On our
server, for "http://source.impara.de/iSqueak/MonticelloConfigurations-
dew.31(bf.30).mcd'" I immediately get a 404 not found.

Here's the current list of my versions:

DynamicBindings (DynamicBindings-gk.1)
KomHttpServer (KomHttpServer-gk.6)
KomServices (KomServices-gk.2)
Mewa (Mewa-al.13)
Monticello (Monticello-bf.254)
MonticelloConfigurations (MonticelloConfigurations-bf.26)
PackageInfo-Base (PackageInfo-Base-bf.22)
SMBase (SMBase-gk.63)
SMLoader (SMLoader-gk.24)
Seaside2 (Seaside2-avi.86)
SqueakSource (SqueakSource-bf.146)