confused by rest local rest remote

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Sep 28 07:24:00 UTC 2005

Am 28.09.2005 um 08:56 schrieb stéphane ducasse:

> But markus
> I would like to have a script that contains ***ALL*** the squeak
> packages and not only the last
> ones that have been marked dirty.
>
> This is why I included all the packages in my script.
> Can you try to do the same experience than me:
>
>     93
>     + MC274
>

> Else I do not really see how we will be able to build a given
> version without having to create the previous ones.

I did not select dirty ones... I just did what avi did. And *only
that*. No morphic splitters filein, no nothing.

I think your problem is that you re-do the morphic splitters filein.
We all just used avi's script on the
packages in the repository (as they are snapshots witht he splitters
inluded).

A big question for me is: Can we somehow work in parallel, that is:
3.9 as released has some serious
bugs that need to be adressed soon, but now we are stuck for 3 weeks.
The problem is that I don't
have too much time (e.g. to work on the MC merge thing), but merging
in a couple of simple fixes
in the old way would be no problem... I feel that we should not block
simple stuff when working on
making complex stuff possible.

         Marcus